-Ben10-

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Don't Waste Food

I often leave my food half-eaten on the table because it does not suit my taste. It did not bother me that I was wasting food until my parents told me to watch this short film. http://www.cultureunplugged.com/play/1081/Chicken-a-la-Carte

It shows very clearly the plight of the poorer people who cannot afford the money to buy food. We must learn from it and not let food go to waste. Since Singapore is such a developed country, I'm sure none of us have ever experienced hunger before. Hence, we need to learn about these people in Philippines who never had the chance to enjoy the cuisines that we could. About 25000 of these people die each day from lack of food.

The next time when you are rushing for time, think about this and do not let this food go to waste, finish up as fast as possible. There are frequent donation drives in Singapore for us to give to the less fortunate. If everyone contributes, we will no longer have any people who suffer from malnutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment